Google, back in June, shared the first official image of its upcoming premium budget smartphone – the Google Pixel 4. While the image did not reveal much about the Pixel 3 successor, it did confirm the reports, which suggested that the Pixel 4 would come with a square-shaped camera module, which for the first time in the history of Pixel phones would host a multi-camera setup. Now, nearly a month later Google has divulged more details about its upcoming smartphone.
Google, in a blog post earlier this week, confirmed that the Pixel 4 would come with motion sensing technology. What this means is that Pixel 4 users will be able to change songs in their playlist, play or pause a video and even silence incoming calls simply by waving their hands.
“Pixel 4 will be the first device with Soli, powering our new Motion Sense features to allow you to skip songs, snooze alarms, and silence phone calls just by waving your hand,” Pixel product manager Brandon Barbello wrote in the blog post adding that the motion sensing features will be available in select countries.
Thanks to Google, we now know about a bunch of features that will be available on the Google Pixel 4 smartphones when they are launched in October this year.
Here are the features that will be available on Pixel 4 smartphones:
– The Google Pixel 4 will come with dual rear camera setup and an LED flash that, as I mentioned before, would be housed in a square shaped camera module.
– The Google Pixel 4 will not come with a fingerprint sensor. Instead, it will come with face unlocking technology.
– The Pixel 3 successor will come with a monochromatic back panel.
– Google will ditch its iPhone X-like notch in the upcoming Pixel 4 smartphones to opt for thick bezel on top. It will feature thin bezels on the sides.
– The thick bezel on top will house a set of eight components, which includes – two face unlock IR cameras, a front facing camera, an ambient light/proximity sensor, the Soli radar chip, a face unlock dot projector and a face unlock flood illuminator.
– Thanks to the Soli radar chip, Pixel 4 users will be able to snooze alarms and skip songs using motion-based gestures.
– The host of camera sensors and the Soli radar chip would ensure that the face unlock feature is not just fast and accurate but also that it works in any orientation.
– Just like the iPhones, the face unlock feature on Pixel 4 smartphones will be used for app authentications and secure payments.
– Pixel 4 will come with Titan M security chip that, along with all the Soli radar chip, will process all the data on the phone as against Google’s servers.
– The Google Pixel 4 will run on Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 system on chip.
– The Google Pixel 4 will run on Android Q, which is expected to be rolled out to the public next month.